``If u want to buy me some cup of coffee: BPI Savings Account No. 3999 2110 88

``

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lennon In New York City

Lennon wrote the song "Woman" as an ode to his wife Yoko Ono. He regarded it as the Beatle track on his Double Fantasy album and he called it the '80s update of "Girl," which is a track on Rubber Soul. Speaking with Rolling Stone just days before his death, Lennon said: "'Woman' came about because, one sunny afternoon in bermuda, it suddenly hit me what women do for us. Not just what my Yoko does for me, although I was thinking in those personal terms... but any truth is universal. What dawned on me was everything I was taking for granted. Women really are the other half of the sky, as I whisper at the beginning of the song. It's a 'we' or it ain't anything."

No comments: